Scars Home Remedies
Scars and Home Remedies
Scars can be an embarrassment. Sometimes people start experiencing low self-worth, embarrassment when in a group, loss of confidence, and can often become annoying. Listed below are several simple, yet effective remedies that you can try at home to reduce the appearance of scars.
- Lemon juice – The citrus in lemon will help clean the skin and remove some types of scars. Using a towel you can rub the lemon juice over the skin that is affected or cut the lemon in half and rubbing the pieces over the affected area.
- Tomato or tomato juice – Like lemon juice, tomato juice can be used the same way. You can use fresh tomato juice by rubbing it on the skin or cut it in half rubbing the skin with each piece.
- Almond oil – Almond oil can be extremely effective in removing scars from the skin. Put on the oil and massage it gently into the area that is affected.
- Fuller’s Earth – Fuller’s Earth has been known as a good treatment for scars that are older or from scars received after being burned. A past can be prepared using Fuller’s Earth and lemon juice with 2 tsp. of each one and adding a small quantity of water (rosewater can be used instead of tap water). Apply the paste over the affected area and let it dry for ten to fifteen minutes. Use cold water to rinse the area. Applying the paste one or two times per day will not eliminate the scar completely, but it can lessen the scars appearance.
- Fenugreek seeds – Fenugreek seeds have been known to be helpful in treating several conditions. It can be used to treat acne and its scars and dry skin. A mixture of 1-2 tbs. of Fenugreek seeds with approximately 750-1000 milliliters of water. Let the mixture come to a boil for about five to seven minutes and let the mixture cool down. Use it to wash your face or any other area that has been affected. Results can usually be seen within about 1 week.
- Margossa leaves – Much like Fenugreek seeds, margossa (neem) leaves are believed to be helpful in treating several skin disorders such as scars that you get from acne or chicken pox. Apply margossa leaf extract to the affected area two to three times per day and while the scar will not be completely eliminated, it should become less apparent.
- Mint – Mint leaves can be used to help remove dark circles and acne scars. Wash 10 – 15 mint leaves and extract the juice onto a cotton rag. Rub the cloth on the affected area to reduce the appearance of dark circles or acne scars.
- Sandalwood – Sandalwood is believed to be one of the most effective treatments for scars from acne. Soak the sandalwood in water overnight and apply it to the affected area allowing it to dry for ten to fifteen minutes. Use cold water to rinse it off.
- Cucumber extract – Like sandalwood, cucumber extract is useful for fading scars that are darker. Put the cucumber extract on the affected area and leave it on for ten to fifteen minutes and rinse with cold water. You can do this two to three times each day. While the scar will not completely disappear, it should diminish over time.
- Banana – Take a ripe banana and mash it up, applying it on the skin. Let it dry for five to seven minutes and rinse with cold water.
all rights reserved to.